Cognitum Services S.A. and its subsidiaries (collectively “Cognitum”) are committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring you have a positive experience on our websites and in using our products and services referenced at the right (“Solutions”).
This Privacy Statement contains the following sections:
- What this Privacy Statement Covers
- Collection of Your Personal Information
- Uses of Your Personal Information
- Access to and Accuracy of Your Personal Information
- Communication Preferences
- Non-personal/Anonymous Information Collection
- Sharing Your Personal Information
- Security of Your Personal Information
- Supplementing Information
- Linked Websites
- Forums/Chat Rooms
- Children’s Privacy
- Consent to Processing and Transfer of Personal Information
- Questions or comments?
- Updates to this Cognitum Privacy Statement
What this Privacy Statement Covers
This Cognitum Privacy Statement is applicable worldwide and covers how Cognitum treats personal information collected by us through the majority of our websites, through Cognitum Solutions, and offline. It does not apply to those sites that do not display or link to this Privacy Statement or that have their own privacy. In addition, there may be supplemental information for particular Solutions as listed at the right (“Supplements”). Please read the Cognitum Privacy Statement below, the Supplements and those privacy statements of all the websites you visit.
Collection of Your Personal Information
We will always tell you before we collect any Personal Information from you and will inform you of the purpose of the collection. “Personal Information” is any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include, but is not limited to, name, email address, postal or other physical address, credit or debit card number, title, occupation, and other information required to provide a Solution, or carry out a transaction that you have requested. On some of our websites, we may collect third party Personal Information such as name, email and phone number, and we will assume that you have the third party’s permission to provide us the information. This information is only collected and used for the purpose it was intended. Some of the reasons we collect your Personal Information include:
- registration for an account or Solution
- requesting information about us or our Solutions
- use of certain features of our Solutions
- requesting service and support for our Solutions and providing such support
- placement of a transaction or order
- registration to attend a seminar or webinar
- participation in an online survey
- submission of an entry for a sweepstakes or other promotion
- participation in discussion groups or forum
- collaboration efforts
- registration to membership programs or newsletter subscriptions
- when you apply for a job
- customizing the advertising and content you see
- provision of anonymous reporting for internal and external clients
Uses of Your Personal Information
We will only use your Personal Information in the way we specified when it was collected. We will not subsequently change the way your Personal Information is used without your consent. Some of the ways we may use your Personal Information include to:
- process your orders and deliver the Solutions that you have ordered.
- keep you up to date on the latest Solution announcements, software updates, software upgrades, system enhancements, special offers, and other information, provided that you can edit your marketing preferences at any time as described below. This may occasionally include information from other companies about products and services that can add value to your Cognitum Solutions.
- provide support and assistance for our Solutions, including the provision of security patches (if applicable).
- provide the ability to create personal profile areas and view protected content.
- provide the ability to contact you, and provide you with shipping and billing information.
- provide customer feedback and support.
- provide and administer contests, sweepstakes or other marketing or promotional activities on our websites.
- conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better products and services to our customers and end users. Your completion of any questionnaires is voluntary.
- understand more about you, so we can personalize newsletters and websites to your preferences. For example, allow you the opportunity to request specific information on products and services that may be of interest to you.
- allow you to forward information to another individual, such as a friend or co-worker who you believe is interested in receiving the information. Cognitum does not store the personal information of the third party. We use the email address and contact name (if applicable) for the sole purpose of sending a one-time email on your behalf.
- meet contract obligations.
- administer and process your certification exams.
Access to and Accuracy of Your Personal Information
We need your help in keeping your Personal Information accurate and up to date. Please notify us of any changes to your Personal Information.
You may have the ability to view or edit your Personal Information.
- Cognitum.eu – You may make updates or request deactivation or changes of your website profile by sending an email to email@example.com.
Each promotional email from us includes instructions on how you can unsubscribe from that particular mailing. You may also unsubscribe from various promotional communications by sending a message using the contact information below. Please be sure to include your name, email address and specific relevant information about the material that you no longer wish to receive to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
These choices do not apply to the receipt of mandatory service communications that are considered part of certain Solutions, which you may receive periodically unless you cancel the Solution in accordance with its terms and conditions.
Non-personal/Anonymous Information Collection
In some instances, Cognitum may collect non-personal (aggregate or demographic) data through cookies, web logs, and web beacons. This information is used to better understand and improve the usability, performance, and effectiveness of the website. Please read the “Cookies” section below for more information.
In addition, by using some of our Solutions, anonymous network information may be transmitted back to us such as: the health of the Solution and types of devices attached to the network. With this information we can determine how users are interacting with the Solution, to assist us with improving it, and to provide alerts via the Solution of available software updates/upgrades.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not sell, rent, share or trade your Personal Information to third parties for marketing purposes unless you have granted us permission to do so.
We may share your Personal Information within Cognitum or any of our worldwide subsidiaries for purposes of data processing or storage.
We may also share your Personal Information with business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents or contractors in order to provide a requested service or transaction, including processing and shipping orders, processing credit card transactions, hosting websites, hosting event and seminar registration and providing customer support. We only provide these third parties with the minimum amount of Personal Information necessary to complete/provide the requested service or transaction, and the third parties are not permitted to use your Personal Information except for the limited purpose of completing/providing the requested service or transaction.
We may respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process by disclosing your Personal Information and other related information, if necessary. We also may choose to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims and use your Personal Information in this regard as appropriate.
While navigating our websites or Solutions you may be directed to content or functionality that is hosted by a third-party supplier. This may be done to host special events, such as contests. When information is collected on behalf of Cognitum exclusively, this Cognitum Privacy Statement will be referenced on the website and will govern how your information is used. For other, non- Cognitum websites, the website owner’s privacy statement will be referenced.
We will ask for your consent before we use or share your information for any purpose other than the reason you provided it or as otherwise provided by this Cognitum Privacy Statement. To let us know your preferences, we will require an action on your part, such as checking the appropriate option, to indicate your consent.
Security of Your Personal Information
Cognitum is committed to protecting the Personal Information you share with us. When we transfer sensitive personal data (for example, credit card information) over the Internet, we protect it using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
We utilize a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its security.
We recommend you to take every precaution in protecting your Personal Information when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser.
Like many websites, Cognitum uses automatic data collection tools, such as cookies, embedded web links and web beacons. These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to our website such as your browser type and the address of the website from which you arrived at our website. They may also collect information about your Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web, allowing Web servers to locate and identify your computer, which is a unique address assigned to your PC by your Internet Service Provider or Information Systems Department on a TCP/IP network) and clickstream behavior (for example, the pages you view and the links you click). These tools help make your visit to our website easier, more efficient and more valuable by providing you with a customized experience and recognizing you when you return.
From time to time we may supplement Personal Information collected on our website with information from other commercially available sources that we deem credible, such as business contact databases. This is to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect and help us provide a better service.
Our websites and Solutions may provide links to other third-party websites and services which are outside our control and not covered by this Cognitum Privacy Statement. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to review the privacy statements posted on these (and all) sites you visit.
If you participate in a discussion forum or chat room on a Cognitum website, you should be aware that the personal and other information you provide there will be made broadly available to others, and can be read, collected or used by other users of these forums, potentially inside or outside Cognitum, who have access to that discussion forum or chat room. This personal information collected could also be used to send you unsolicited messages. Also, please recognize that individual forums and chat rooms may have additional rules and conditions. Each participant’s opinion on a forum or chat room is his or her own and should not be considered as reflecting the opinion of Cognitum. We are not responsible for the Personal Information or any other information you choose to submit in these forums.
We post customer testimonials/comments/reviews which may contain personal information including name, title and photograph. We do obtain the customer’s consent via email prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial.
Cognitum does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems. Cognitum encourages parents and guardians to go online with their children.
Please visit the FTC’s website for more tips on protecting children’s privacy online.
Consent to Transfer, Processing and Storage of Personal Information
We may transfer your Personal Information to Cognitum in the European Union, to any Cognitum subsidiary worldwide, or to third parties acting on our behalf, for the purposes of processing or storage, and by providing any Personal Information to us you fully understand and unambiguously consent to the transfer, processing and storage of such information in the European Union.
Questions or comments?
We value your opinions. Should you have any privacy-related questions or comments related to this Cognitum Privacy Statement, please send an email to email@example.com .
Updates to this Cognitum Privacy Statement
Cognitum may update this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. We will post a notice to this policy and the home page link whenever this privacy statement is materially changed so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. Your continued use of the Cognitum website after any change will signify and confirm your assent to those changes.